with David Treleaven
Through this partnership with David Treleaven, author of the book Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness, CMind is pleased to announce two new ways to build your awareness and skills for trauma-sensitive mindfulness instruction:
David Treleaven, PhD, is a writer, educator, trauma professional, and author of the acclaimed book Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness: Practices for Safe and Transformative Healing. David focuses on offering mindfulness providers with the knowledge and tools they require to meet the needs of those struggling with trauma. Through workshops, keynotes, podcasts, and online education, he is closely engaged with current empirical research to inform best practices.
David is currently a visiting scholar at Brown University and has worked with a number of organizations including The Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute developed at Google, University of Massachusetts Medical School, The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society, the Institute for Mindfulness South Africa, the UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness, and the Mindfulness Training Institute of Australia and New Zealand.
Want to dive deeper?JUNE400
The Complete Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness Training for Practitioners is a two-part, self-paced training program designed to offer you foundational and advanced skills in Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness.
This comprehensive training includes the theory and practice you’ll need to recognize and respond skillfully to trauma symptoms. Whether you’re a meditation or yoga teacher, religious or classroom teacher, or a mental-health professional who utilizes mindfulness, this course is designed for you.
Here’s how the two-part course is divided up:
Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness: The Introductory Guide to Recognizing Trauma, Responding Skillfully, and Preventing Retraumatization
In a relatively short amount of time, you’ll learn how to support people who are struggling with trauma in mindfulness work. Whether you’re working as an individual coach, therapist, or as a mindfulness teacher, you’ll be able to seamlessly apply what you learn to your particular context.
Through lecture, case study, experiential practice, and pre-recorded Q&A sessions, you will leave the introductory Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness course:
- Understanding why meditation can create dysregulation for people who’ve experienced trauma and specific ways you can prevent this
- Prepared to identify symptoms of traumatic stress and tailor mindfulness practices in a trauma-sensitive way
- Informed about current empirical research regarding mindfulness and trauma, including evidence-based interventions you can immediately apply to your work
- Equipped with the tools and modifications to help you work skillfully with dysregulated arousal, traumatic flashbacks, and trauma-related dissociation
- Understanding the relationship between individual and systemic forms of trauma, including the responsibility to educate oneself about power, oppression, and social context
Advanced Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness: Widening the Window of Tolerance and Supporting Trauma Recovery
This is a first-of-its kind course designed to build on the foundational skills you developed in Part One of the course, and expand your training by equipping you with the ability to offer mindfulness in a way that supports trauma recovery.
In part two, you’ll be provided the tools to help people take meaningful steps toward their trauma recovery inside of mindfulness practice. Through lecture, case study, and experiential practice, this course builds on the core trauma-sensitive competencies by going deeper, focusing on practices that help widen one’s window of tolerance.
In Advanced Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness, you will:
- Develop advanced skills in trauma-sensitive mindfulness through deepened theory and discover practices that enhance people’s resilience, self-compassion, and sense of agency and choice
- Explore the power of mindful gauges—one of the most effective, empowering mindfulness tools we can offer people on their path of trauma recovery
- Learn mindful embodiment practices that enable people to self-generate safety and widen their window of tolerance
- Adopt and integrate mindfulness practices that focus on resilience and healing
- Be informed about cultural adaptations of mindfulness practice through a trauma-sensitive lens
- Learn from world-renowned experts in the field of mindfulness and trauma
Use code JUNE400 for $400 off the regular full tuition price of $1397.
Code is valid through June 30, 2021.
The course includes six, pre-recorded 60-minute Course Sessions and five, pre-recorded 60-minute Course Engagement Sessions (Q&A content for each specific module).
- The Complete TSM Training offers up to 20 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for a wide range of professionals.
Upon registration, you’ll have immediate access to Advanced Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness: Widening the Window of Tolerance and Supporting Trauma Recovery and be able to dive into recordings of seven, 60-minute Classroom Sessions, seven, 60-minute Guest Faculty Sessions, and seven, 90-minute Course Engagement (Q&A) Sessions.