Contemplative Degree Programs
Prospective students often ask us for information on accredited undergraduate and graduate programs of study with a “contemplative” emphasis. This page is our attempt to list them.
Please note that "contemplative" can be a very broad descriptor, and this list is limited to degree-granting programs which are specifically identified by their institutions as “contemplative,” “holistic,” “integrative,” or “mindfulness”-based.
Be aware that in addition to these programs, there are many individual course offerings, across the academic disciplines and at all types of institutions, which integrate contemplative approaches. As these courses may change every semester, it is not possible for us to maintain a list of them. If you are seeking community with instructors using contemplative methods, we suggest you join the Association for Contemplative Mind in Higher Education.
If you have suggestions for improving this list, please contact us or leave a comment of this page with your edits and additions.
Concentrations, Minors, & Certificates
- Antioch University New England: Certificate, Mindfulness for Educators
- Brown University: Concentration in Contemplative Studies
- California State University-San Bernardino: Certificate in Holistic and Integrative Education
- Lesley University: Graduate Certificate: Mindfulness Studies Specialization
- NHTI, Concord’s Community College: Mindful Communication Certificate
- Syracuse University: Mindfulness and Contemplative Studies Minor
- University of Mary Washington: Minor in Contemplative Studies