Event Coordinator/Operations Assistant
The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society (CMind) is hiring a full-time Event Coordinator/Operations Assistant starting as soon as December 1, 2015. This position will have the primary responsibility for the logistical coordination of our events, including annual academic conferences, retreats, meetings, and intensive week-long workshops. In addition, the position will assist with basic bookkeeping and day-to-day administrative functions of the office, support the operation of the Association for Contemplative Mind in Higher Education (ACMHE), and perform other tasks as needed.
The successful candidate will possess great attention to detail while being versatile and adaptable, able to respond quickly and calmly to changing circumstances and issues as they arise. Due to its focus on event coordination and event execution, this position sometimes requires long hours, work on weekends, and the ability to travel.
This full-time salaried position is located in Northampton, MA, and reports to the Associate Director.
CMind is a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Northampton, MA. We work with higher education faculty, staff, administrators, and students across the US and around the world. Our programs help education professionals integrate contemplative practices into courses, services, and campus environments to support teaching, learning, and engaged action for a more just and compassionate society. Learn more at www.contemplativemind.org.
Under the guidance of the Programs and Events Manager:
- Create, using NeonCRM (our constituent database and event registration system): event registration forms and other event-related forms as needed.
- Manage event scholarship/financial aid requests.
- Maintain event registration records in the Neon CRM database.
- Research event venues and vendors for event services and materials.
- Create and assemble event materials.
- Serve as contact person for event-related inquiries.
- Provide assistance to event committee meetings and calls; work with committees to set general policies, speakers, and content.
- Solicit and manage volunteers for events.
- With Programs and Events Manager, responsible for event execution (requires event attendance).
- Administer all event logistical needs, including organization and scheduling of panels and presentations, overseeing space reservations and use, ensuring catering, arranging for technical support and recording services, coordinating housing and transportation options, managing rideshare listserv subscriptions, organizing poster sessions, etc.
- Coordinate event evaluations/surveys and manage event follow-up.
- Under the guidance of the Finance & Development Officer: provide basic bookkeeping, filing, and maintenance of paper and digital financial records.
- Assist with the general administrative functioning of the office.
- Help to schedule meetings and conference calls.
- Create and maintain staff calendar, schedule staff and committee meetings.
- Provide support for general inquiries (both email and telephone).
- Coordinate Board meeting logistics and assist with producing meeting minutes.
- Assist the operation of CMind’s grant programs: track applications, respond to inquiries, etc.
- Fulfill orders for books and materials.
- Maintain and update constituent data in NeonCRM.
- Provide logistical support for end-of-year and ongoing fundraising efforts.
- 2+ years of experience in event coordination (e.g., conferences, workshops, meetings, retreats); experience with event coordination in academic settings is highly desirable.
- 2+ years of experience in an office environment, especially at a nonprofit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Personal experience with contemplative practices is highly desirable.
- Comfort with tech and proficient computer skills (PC environment): you would be using Microsoft Excel and Word, Gmail, Intuit Quickbooks, Google Drive/Docs, and NeonCRM on a daily basis; basic html/css knowledge is helpful for customizing our online forms.
- Commitment to working with others from diverse cultural, ethnic, educational and economic backgrounds; be able to foster good working relationships.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A desire to thrive in an active, creative, collaborative work environment.
- Flexible and independent attitude, a warm heart, and a sense of humor.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary will be commensurate with experience. The Center offers a very comprehensive benefits package that includes health & dental insurance, a 403b plan, life insurance, a stipend for attending contemplative retreats of one’s choice, and generous paid time off.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. We encourage you to write a cover letter that describes yourself and your interest in CMind’s mission and vision.
~ NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE ~
The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society strongly supports workplace diversity. Candidates of any race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.